Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Vega4

I've been getting some e-mails from labels to promote their artists on this blog for a while now, but either they've come when I've been inactive or I just didn't like the artist. Today I got another one, but this time I do like the artist. A lot.



Four guys from various English speaking countries met in London and formed a band by the name of Vega4. Albeit rockier they remind me of Coldplay, in a good way (that is before they snatched best new act of the year or something from Muse, leading me do dislike them since). A bunch of EPs and an album were released some years ago by Taste Media. Now they're signed to Columbia and have a new album, You & Others, coming out on October 30.

Below is the song I was provided for posting on here - I've been playing it on repeat for the past hour so it was definitly a clever choice of theirs. Do get it you too. Also, you can listen to clips from every song on the upcoming album here or just go visit their MySpace for some (non-downloadable) full samples.

Bullets

6 comments:

suaeirao said...

i'm really liking Vega4, i think it's because i'm a sucker for upbeat rock.:).

SKL said...

Hello there.

Just found your blog on Getecho.

You've got some nice posts in there, specially Vega4 and the Danish Marybell Katastrophy.

I've added you to my blog Music@PL.PT.

Hope you like it as well, as you can discover here some of the new sounds coming from both Poland and Portugal.

Take care

Romeu

Anonymous said...

Oooh... Coldplay... in a good way. Haha. Seriously, it seems like everyone's got something against them. XD I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I do like some of their stuff... and I do hear the resemblence!

gordsellar said...

Hey.

Gord Sellar here... the sax guy from the now-defunct Dabang Band. Just curious how you came across us. I never imagined anyone as far afield as Sweden knowing about our band. And because of you, I'm looking into Postoff (you compared our band to them on your last.fm page).

gordsellar said...

By the way, Product wasn't our first album, it was our second, though the first was, well, more rough and tumble. You can download the tracks from the now-unavailable-everywhere first album ("Pig Over Seoul") here:

http://www.gordsellar.com/gords-bio/tunes-with-me-in-em/

SKL said...

Hello there.

Found your blog recently. I liked Vega4 very much. I've also discovered some new tunes on your blog.

I've placed you blog adress at Music@PL.PT's blog. (http://musicplpt.blogspot.com)

Take care

Romeu