Thursday, January 25, 2007

fårö-dokument

I spent last weekend in Barcelona and took the opportunity to check out some Spanish bands. Here's one of them ^^



Named after an Ingemar Bergman movie, fårö-dokument first grabbed my attention with their Swedish name (meaning simply Fårö document). They make use of both female and male vocals for their songs in Spanish. The tag cloud on last.fm seems to agree that they're doing "slowcore", which was certainly a good description for their live sound. I don't really now what that means though, so on record I'd say they make some laidback pop ^^

Below is a song featured on both of their releases. The 2004 EP is available under a Creative Commons license from their website. To listen to some songs from their 2006 Roces EP, I'd suggest a visit to MySpace or last.fm ^^

Caligrafía

No comments: